About the Artist
I create vibrant and expressive animal portraits using acrylic paints, pastels, and colored pencils. I use bright rainbow colors and bold brush strokes to create energy and movement in my artwork. As a former veterinary technician, I have always had a deep love and appreciation for animals and the natural world. I distill my passion into each painting I create, allowing the individual personality and spirit of each animal to shine through.
I have historically used many different styles in my artwork. My current styles is described as “colorful realism”, where the anatomy and proportions of the animal are true to life, but the colors are highly saturated and vibrant. Other styles of my artwork are a stylized psychedelic style, and true realism.
My primary inspirations come from animals and nature, as well as Celtic and Asian designs and visionary art. I prefer to work in bright, vibrant full-saturation color, although I do occasionally use natural earth tones for realistic art. My vivid multicolor artwork, usually depicting animals and fantasy creatures, is the most popular of my styles. I love incorporating bold geometric shapes and spirals as well. My newest artwork can be found in the various galleries on my site, which can be accessed from the main page as well as from a drop down menu at the top of every page. If you wish to see my Older Artwork, you can find it by clicking on the link.
I always want to do something unique and stand out as an artist. My reason for creating art is simply that I love to do it, it makes me happy. My bright bold colors bring joy to those that experience my art, and that gives me a sense of fulfillment. I have been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil, but I only started creating art more seriously since 2007. It has been a learning process, both with the actual creation of the art, and my online presence with the design of my website and use of other online tools such as galleries, stores and social media.
- “Barry’s Deal“ by Lawrence M. Schoen, book cover, 2017. A colored pencil drawing of the main characters in a casino setting for the book cover.
- Exam Room Door Numbers for Cat Hospital, Houston, Texas; 2016.
- Pet Portraits, 2016-Present. Commissioned pet portraits for clients. Currently, I have dozens of paintings in private collections all over the United States. You can see my Pet Portraits portfolio here.
- Adora Project, colored pencil portrait in a psychedelic 1960s style, 2015.
- Sky Valley Foods, 2013-Present. Label designs for their sauces and sodas. You can see examples of my work for them in my Label Designs gallery.
- The Healing Power of Color, Online. May 17, 2019. Exhibit of my Rainbow Tabby Cat painting.
- Twitter Art Exhibit, Edinburgh, UK, May 11, 2019. Exhibit of my Colorful Sheltie painting.
- My Pet Portraits service listing on PetMasters.com
- Published with iCanvas – a print company that specializes in canvas art prints. They have products online and in retail stores, including Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and Nordstrom.
- “I Create Vibrant and Colorful Pet Portraits“, Bored Panda, April 12, 2019.
Follow Me on Social Media
Online Galleries and Portfolios
All artwork and images present on this website (https://www.psychedeliczen.com), as well as other online stores and galleries, are the property of Rebecca Wang (Rebecca Postanowicz), all rights reserved. The artwork herein may not be copied or distributed in any manner (electronic, web or printed) without the prior written consent of Rebecca Wang. Contact Me for permission to use my images either for personal or commercial usage.
Social media icons provided by vecteezy.com